ARS SNAP!™ Free Trial Version Software
This trial version
of SNAP!™ is limited to keypads addressed 1-5. With no system connected, in "Demo mode" the software will create random data graphs titled "Demo Data". The purchased
version that uses the software hasp/key supports up to 250 keypads using Fleetwood's Reply Worldwide/Mini, and up to 500 keypads using Reply Plus/Mini+ response systems. SNAP is also available with bundle offers limited to 100 keypads.
Hardware Compatability: PC Only. Not currently compatible with Mac
OS Requirements: MS Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10 (supports 64-bit operating system, but 32-bit Office needs to be loaded to support the current active-x controls used by SNAP) - Home Premium versions are not supported. Windows regional language needs to be set to English.
Supported Powerpoint® Versions: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
MS Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10 (supports 64-bit operating system, but 32-bit Office needs to be loaded to support the current active-x controls used by SNAP) - Home Premium versions are
- Have full administrative rights to install all software appropriately
- Turn User Account Control all the way down/off
- Set your PowerPoint Trust Center to enable Active X Controls and Macros
- Add the SNAP subdirectory to the Trusted Locations to ensure PowerPoint is okay with you running SNAP. The directory is:
c:\Program Files\Audience Response Systems, Inc\SNAP
When installing the base station drivers for the first time, the above notes will also apply.
If Windows 8 gives you an error message referencing the "Snapinfoc" file, it means the subdirectory is not set to read/write. To change this, follow these directions...
- To change the properties of the folder to allow all users, right-click on the folder and choose properties.
- Choose the SECURITY tab, then choose USERS under the GROUP OR USER NAMES list.
- Click the EDIT button.
- Check all the ALLOW boxes, click APPLY then OK.
Please note: It is the customer's responsibility to seek assistance or clearance from their IT Department, if necessary, to download or install a software package from Audience Response Systems, Inc. The software does require the use of ActiveX controls, the installation of USB serial device drivers and proprietary device drivers for the use of the base station and USB software HASP. Because of these requirements, administrative privileges are necessary in order to install the software and the lack of administrative privilege will cause installation to fail and the software to be inoperable.